Saturday 13 February 2016

Basting and Baking



Hello Fellow Sewists/Quilters

I hope everyone is keeping well and doing some craft they enjoy!

I have added some cream elongated hexies to another Lucy Boston block.


I also have been using my Thermomix.  Making bread, bread rolls, meals, biscuits to name a few.  Below are some photos of a small selection of what I have been up to.



The biscuits are Date and Ginger which cwere made for my Dad for his birthday.


The Shortbread were made for my Mum.


Not sure what airport security must have thought, as I brought them down to Brisbane as my carry-on luggage on a recent flight to Brisbane!

I also have been working on my Insanity Quilt. The pattern is by Rhonda Pearce of Post office Patchwork.

Here are just a rew of the half inch hexies I basted today.



Anyhow, this is all for now; stay safe and enjoy what you do.

Thank you for taking time to stop by.

 Happy stitching.

 Sharon

4 comments:

  1. You have been baking up a storm! Such enthusiasm in the kitchen has not been seen here for a while.
    The tiny hexies look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I enjoy baking, but he heat sometimes get gets a bit much. Have to pick my times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOhh yummy treats make great gifts. It's fun to see you sewing hexies for an Insanity quilt. I;ve seen the original and it was very impressive!! I love the colours your using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your treats look yummy! I've never made shortbread before.

    ReplyDelete